Stock Market Data (1 Viewer)

Privateer

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:03
I was wondering if anyone has found a way to grab stock market data since Yahoo has closed up the free access loop hole a few years ago. I have a work around using Excel which links to the data and a simple refresh gets me the latest numbers. I link this table to my investments database and run an update query to get the information into Access. However, this is an ugly two step process that doesn't return all the fields I was used to getting. I am hoping someone out there can offer a fix to the VBA that worked before. What worked was building a string with the ticker and a bunch of code letters that requested certain data fields, (https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/GE?xspod1l1dqr1jk), which returned a string of information that had to be parsed out so the right fields could be updated. It was a pain building the code, but it got me all the fields I needed and I could update sixty tickers in a few seconds. Any help would be appreciated.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 00:03
I use www.alphavantage.co, but that is also in Excel and I am only interested in the closing price for the few stocks I have.?
I import the csv from my Excel workbook into Quicken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom