Strange problem... (1 Viewer)

R2D2

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:51
For some reason, whenever I run Access (from the program icon, not by double clicking on a database), all the menus are gone. Nothing happens when I right click (I guess the right click menus have been disabled, too). I basically can't do anything but close it. It didn't use to be like this. How do I fix this? It seems to me like some options have become the default, but I don't know how.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:51
First things first - look at the shortcut icon. See what command is implied when you launch it. See if any option switches are involved or if a new default directory is implied by the icon. Though how this would have happened without you knowing about it, I couldn't begin to guess.

R2D2

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:51
I checked that and it's not the problem.

I think this happened because I was setting up security in a database i'm working on. I created a custom menu bar for my standard users and disabled all others. But for myself, it enables all menus, shows the database window, etc. Somehow, it must have changed things for Access in general and not just for my one database. It's weird though - i've had the security set up like this in this database for several months now, and it's never caused this to happen. I changed it slightly this past week, which I think is what triggered it - but I didn't do anything (that I know of) that would have caused changes to Access in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom