Strange whitespace in report (1 Viewer)

Fasopus

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:41
So I was looking at one of my older spreadsheet style reports (I believe that is the name for it) and I realized that after the 6th record (of about 50) there is a large area of whitespace about twice the size of the space between every other record. Ive tried changing the sorting order and checking the spacing but it always appears to occur around the 6th record down, and ideas as to what could cause this? Is it just the print preview/printers?

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 06:41
Can you post a screenshot of the report in both design view and in print preview? You probably have some spacing issue going on. Does this involve any subreports at all?

Kryst51

Singin' in the Hou. Rain
Local time
Today, 08:41
Do you have a lot of spaces after the actual info in your underlying record source?

Fasopus

Registered User.
Local time
Ok so ive uploaded screenshots on both the design view and report view of the forum, there isnt alot of ambiguous space in the report itself, I think I've done a pretty decent job at keeping everything tight and compact

Edit: Also there are no subreports at all

Attachments

• Design.jpg
    Design.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 116
  • Report.jpg
    Report.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 124

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Do you have the Full Name field set to CAN GROW = YES? It looks to me like it just might be that the record involved may either have a carriage return inserted in the record or that the can grow is making it give extra space due to just the coincidental spacing. See what happens if you make the font smaller for the controls and/or check the data to see if there is a carriage return for that one value.

Fasopus

Registered User.
Local time
Cant make the font any smaller (bosses orders :confused:) but the can grow property was set to yes and that appears to be the problem thanks for the assistance :D

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Cant make the font any smaller (bosses orders :confused:) but the can grow property was set to yes and that appears to be the problem thanks for the assistance :D

I wasn't meaning to set the font permanently, but only to test. :)

Glad you got it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom