String Export to AS400 (1 Viewer)

T

TB_Pilot

I'm trying to do a fixed length export from several tables into one text file under different conditions for each table.....

First table is a table resulting from a Join (Make table qry) based on serial_id, same with the second table. In these tables, 2 records become 1, and I need to break to a new line (in the text file) in the middle of the rec (after a specified field). I cannot find a vb function (vbctrlm, vbctrlf) to work right.

There are 3 more tables that I need in the same text file. These tables are also results of make table qrys, but they do not consist of records that are results of any joins(like the above mentioned 2 are). I need to somehow just print from these tables the records that do not have a matching serial_id. (the serial_id's that match are printed from the above mentioned recordsets). I am using Access XP, and have added in the DAO library, but I'm not really doing any work with ODBC. Any help would be appreciated!

Travis

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:45
For specialized types of exports such as what you are trying to do, you might want to look into using the "OPEN" function.

This will allow you more control over how to format the file.

vbCRLF or Chr(13) & Chr(10) will give you a Carriage Return and Line Feed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom