Stuck on Combo Box (1 Viewer)

FC

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:27
I have been reading thru all the posting but I can't find anything that exactly works for this situation. I have 3 items - Product, Prod Description and Product Size. There are multiple product descriptions and multiple product sizes for each product. I have the first combo box set so the user can pick the product. Since it has multiple descriptions, the next box is a list box with all the Descriptions for that product. The list box will update based on the product selected. Now my problem... I have the 3rd box (combo box) for the size. The size is based on the product and the product description select. I cannot get the third box to work! I can't figure out how to base it on the results of the prior to boxes. Any ideas?? I would be extrememly grateful!!

pcs

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:27
are Product, Prod Description and Product Size all rows in the same table? think you may be asking a question that relates more to table design. how can a single product have more than one description/size? think it would be better to have each product as a unique entry with its own description and size.

hth,
al

FC

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:27
You are correct - it is more than one table. I have been creating queries to get the data together. Unfortunately, the data in the tables is being pulled from another software - it's made it pretty difficult to work with! After I created the queries, I was able to get the product, then product desc to work fine. It's trying to get a third item, based on the other two, that's giving me a hard time! I'll give any ideas a try! Thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom