Student Attendance (1 Viewer)

kenshinx1

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:17
I was wondering if someone could help me design an Access database to store students records and be used at classes to monitor attendance.
I currently have 4 tables

Class table classid
Register table registerid ,studentid,classid
student table studentid
Attendance table registerid

Iv looked on the site but cant seem to find a sample database that meets my requirements. If anyone has something similar I would be grateful for your help.

I was also wondering if Its better to create a new table for address and parent contacts rather than place it all in the student table.

I would like a form to select the class and then the date . for example class could be maths and the date could be left blank if its todays date. also a drop down menu ender the date would be nice to load a previous date and class to edit an attendance.

OllyK

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:17
kenshinx1 said:
I was wondering if someone could help me design an Access database to store students records and be used at classes to monitor attendance.
I currently have 4 tables

Class table classid
Register table registerid ,studentid,classid
student table studentid
Attendance table registerid

Iv looked on the site but cant seem to find a sample database that meets my requirements. If anyone has something similar I would be grateful for your help.

I was also wondering if Its better to create a new table for address and parent contacts rather than place it all in the student table.

I would like a form to select the class and then the date . for example class could be maths and the date could be left blank if its todays date. also a drop down menu ender the date would be nice to load a previous date and class to edit an attendance.

A few assumptions here, but assuming a class is a teaching class and a student may be in more than 1 class you'll need an intermediate table to identify the actual classes that a given student attends.

[Student]1-m[TeachingClass]m-1[SubjectClass]

Use the combined foreign keys as the primary key to avoid duplication in the TeachingClass table.

You can then use the ID in TeachingClass to post in to an Attendance table along with a date, no record would indicate non attendance.

For your form I'd suggest that you use something like a checked list with the defautl set to true (cuts down on clicks unless you have poor attendance). This way you only record actual attendance and can determine non-attendance from the lack of record.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom