student debt forgiveness (1 Viewer)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:05
I wonder if any of the students will realize that they were scammed by the Biden administration.
Only if FB or Tic-Toc or some other app they are addicted to tells them and since all of them are controlled by the communists in charge, they'll just keep wondering why they aren't receiving any money. It seems that they don't understand the difference between debt forgiveness and free money, nor the impact of taxes on something they didn't actually get in their hands:) When the dust settles, the Republicans will be in congress and Angel is correct. The Republicans will get the blame.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Students get scammed for votes. Also consider that simply cancelling (illegally transfers the debt obligation to the taxpayer) student debt does not solve the problem of the colleges and lenders getting "rich" by having as many students (qualified or not) as possible enrolled in college, not to also reiterate the moral hazard that some fiscally irresponsible persons benefit but those who have been fiscally responsible get screwed. Unfortunately the Democrats have once again successfully offered "free" stuff to shamefully win an election.
1668616500115.png

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I wonder if the uneducated college students who fell for the scam will feel cheated? Probably not. They don't even know it was their money he was giving back to them. They might seem to have benefited in the short term but in the long term, they were footing the bill for the millions of other students who also got the "free" stuff. Maybe we should teach students the basics of finance instead of basket weaving.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
I wonder if the uneducated college students who fell for the scam will feel cheated?
Of course not. It's those evil Republicans who are obstructing Biden's gracious proposal to help those poor students oppressed by an unfathomable debt burden.

Last edited:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:05
Do you hand out towels to go with those comments that drip with sarcasm? They leave a mess on my floor. Or is that towel an entitlement that I should seek from the Libs?

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 00:05
Do you hand out towels to go with those comments that drip with sarcasm? They leave a mess on my floor. Or is that towel an entitlement that I should seek from the Libs?
Haven't you heard? Towels for those individuals experiencing towellessness is an important part of the new infrastructure program.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I have now seen two articles on two different federal jurisdictions (two different districts) for which the government has been enjoined from loan forgiveness on the grounds of a "separation of powers" issue. Biden (and Trump) didn't issue the loans - Congress did. Therefore, the executive branch can't cancel the loans by fiat. Should be interesting to see how Papa Joe handles that little slap in the face.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I don't believe they even thought the scheme would fly. It was simply a vote getter. It was a scam from day 1 and it got a lot of ignorant people to vote for the Democrats. If they weren't ignorant, they would have recognized that the President doesn't have that authority.

Of course, over the years, Congress has allowed both the Executive branch via executive orders and the Supreme Court via rulings to usurp much of their power.

Last edited:

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Of course, over the years, Congress has allowed both the Executive branch via executive orders and the Supreme Court via rulings to usurp much of their power.
Especially when it fits their narrative...

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The REAL fun will be when someone sues over the moratorium, since that costs taxpayers the income from interest payments. But my issue makes me a low-priority candidate for suing since I never had any student loans.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
My granddaughters just graduated last year and of course they actually worked summers and part time through the school year to support themselves. They went to a local state college and their mother and I paid their tuition which was almost 10 times what their mother's tuition was 40 years ago which turns out to be 5 times the cost of inflation!!!! So they don't have loans to forgive. Sure makes us look stupid:(

It is totally the government's fault that college costs so much anyway. Same with medicine. The idiots in Congress just throw money around and never seem to hit the target. But the colleges and insurance companies have nets out. So not only do they catch the government funds but they don't use it to lower their rates.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
It is totally the government's fault that college costs so much anyway. Same with medicine. The idiots in Congress just throw money around and never seem to hit the target. But the colleges and insurance companies have nets out. So not only do they catch the government funds but they don't use it to lower their rates.
Amen. amen

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom