sub-forms to calculate in main form? (1 Viewer)

g-richardson

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:04
I have an job estimation tool that I'm trying to clean up. I have a main form which displays a running total of several values generated in any of 10 sub forms. Each subform is contained on an individual tab. Each subform calculates values based on choices within the subform. If the check box is set to True, the value will be included in the total calculation on the main form. If the checkbox is set to False, the total number is reduced by the amount and each sub page from Category A - Category J work the same.

My problem is that when I want to create a new project to figure, I have to go to each tab and click the check box to either include or exclude the figure.

I have set all subforms to default to True for inclusion, so I currently click on each field and turn off the checkbox. Until I cllick in every tab, my total field in the main form remains blank. As soon as the last checkbox is marked, the total field displays $0.00, or whatever total may have been left activiated.

Can I automate this so that when a new record is to be created, all subforms refresh so the main total displays a value?

Thanks for your help. This is my first post...if it is too wordy, I get the hang of it.

G-Richardson

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom