Sub reports not showing in print preview (1 Viewer)

REZ

Local time
Today, 07:22
I have a report with several subreports
Everything works fine in report view, but they all disappear in print preview.
It has printed fine in the past, but I changed some textboxes to get info from another form and now its not working anymore.
What am I doing wrong?

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 02:22
make sure the QUERY (the report uses) pulls data off the form.

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Yesterday, 23:22
I have a report with several subreports
Everything works fine in report view, but they all disappear in print preview.
It has printed fine in the past, but I changed some textboxes to get info from another form and now its not working anymore.
What am I doing wrong?
"...I changed some textboxes to get info from another form ..."

Maybe it would be helpful to provide details on what you changed, how you changed it and what info is supposed to be coming from that other form.

REZ

Local time
I'm working on a school database, the report is a month calendar view of a students register records. When a button is clicked on the students main profile page the report pops up that month, with every day of the month linking to a subform with the detailed info for the day. The Student ID number, required month and year is passed from the form.
It used to work fine, I've just been modifiying the pupil's main form and now the report doesn't work any more in print preview.
When attaching the files I've noticed it may be because the required date and student ID isn't being passed along to the preview. How to I get it to work.

Attachments

• Calendar.GIF
    Calendar.GIF
    97.8 KB · Views: 59
  • Calendarpreview.GIF
    Calendarpreview.GIF
    27.6 KB · Views: 59

GPGeorge

Grover Park George
Local time
Yesterday, 23:22
" I've just been modifiying the pupil's main form "

Details matter. We can't see the modifications, nor can we see the underlying data. Please help us by including the specific things you changed and how you actually changed them. Thank you.

REZ

Local time
I just got it sorted.
Asking the question helped me think through exactly what I had changed.
I had changed it to an unbound report, with the month name and year being populated with the report On Load event, instead of filtering the underlying query with the month and year I needed as in the old version.
I've changed it back and it now works
Thanks for your help

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom