Subform Focus (1 Viewer)

robertbwainwright

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:45
I have a subform that is purely to display information (no edits will be made on it). The subform has a special color on it (company color) that I can not deviate from. My problem is the first record in the subform (displayed as a continuous form) gets the focus. The font is white and standard access has a white background. My end goal would be to elimnate the focus for any record in the subform (if it is possible). I know that I could change the color with conditional formatting but the colors in conditional formatting do not match the company color. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Robert

David R

I know a few things...
Local time
I have a subform that is purely to display information (no edits will be made on it). The subform has a special color on it (company color) that I can not deviate from. My problem is the first record in the subform (displayed as a continuous form) gets the focus. The font is white and standard access has a white background. My end goal would be to elimnate the focus for any record in the subform (if it is possible). I know that I could change the color with conditional formatting but the colors in conditional formatting do not match the company color. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Robert
Do you need to be able to set focus on the subform at all? What if you just Disabled+Locked the whole thing... (or at least the fields, you might need to be able to scroll the subform, for example).

robertbwainwright

Registered User.
Local time
Do you need to be able to set focus on the subform at all? What if you just Disabled+Locked the whole thing... (or at least the fields, you might need to be able to scroll the subform, for example).

Thank you for your answer David, but it did not work. I locked the subform and it still sets the focus to the first item in the subform when opening.

David R

I know a few things...
Local time
Thank you for your answer David, but it did not work. I locked the subform and it still sets the focus to the first item in the subform when opening.

Try Disable+Lock - it'll turn greyed out if you just Disable, and Lock still lets you give it Focus, just not change anything.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 20:45
set every field as not enabled

that should prevent any field getting the focus

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom