Subform in a tab control form (1 Viewer)

knn9413

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:55
I have main form (frmProcedures) that has a tab control with 2 pages. One of the pages I have a subform that contains a listbox control controlled by a query.

The subform is a search and display form. When I open the subform on it own, it opens up fine. However when I try to open up the mainform, it always prompts me to enter the parameter value. I have to atleast hit "Enter" for the form to open up. How can I fix this? Even after hitting the enter key, when I try to navigate to that page, I keep getting the parameter prompt.

Here is the query that populates the listbox control. And the parameter that is prompted is Forms!frmSearchMulti!SrchText that you see in the query below
SELECT Procedures.ProcedureName, Procedures.BusinessLine, Procedures.Manager, Procedures.ApprovalDate, Procedures.NextApprovalDateFROM ProceduresWHERE (((Procedures.ProcedureName) Like "*" & forms!frmSearchMulti! SrchText & "*")) Or (((Procedures.BusinessLine) Like "*" & forms!frmSearchMulti!SrchText & "*")) Or (((Procedures.Manager) Like "*" & forms!frmSearchMulti!SrchText & "*"));I do have a searchbox that when updated with search string issues the requery to update the values in the listbox.

I am not sure how to fix this. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:55
No problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom