Subreport grouping issue (1 Viewer)

mkdrep

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:28
I am having an issue with data being reported as though I've asked for it to be grouped on one page, but I don't think I have.
(Locker_RFI_5-Notes.pdf) is a one page report when there are only 5 notes. (Locker_RFI_8-Notes.pdf) shows what happens when more notes are added. They all shift over to page 2 of the report, rather than having 5 notes on page 1 and 3 notes on page 2. The (3) jpgs show design form of the subreport itself (subrpt-1), sorted on [JPCallDate] (subrpt-2), but I haven't requested any type of grouping and the (subrpt-property-sheet)

Any ideas why this is happening? My desire is to have notes printed on page 1 and any overflow notes print on page 2.

thank you.

Attachments

• LOCKER_RFI_5-Notes.pdf
    59.4 KB · Views: 214
  • LOCKER_RFI_8-Notes.pdf
    63.8 KB · Views: 291
  • subrpt-1.jpg
    subrpt-1.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 353
  • subrpt-2.jpg
    subrpt-2.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 346
  • subrpt-property-sheet.jpg
    subrpt-property-sheet.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 371

Ranman256

Local time
the date sort is correct, but if you want sub report sorting, you must do it in the subrpt.
if the subrpt notes are supposed to be bound to the date, then you must set the
LINK MASTER FIELDS,
LINK CHILD FIELDS
to the date, so the notes say in the date group.

mkdrep

Registered User.
Local time
the date sort is correct, but if you want sub report sorting, you must do it in the subrpt.
if the subrpt notes are supposed to be bound to the date, then you must set the
LINK MASTER FIELDS,
LINK CHILD FIELDS
to the date, so the notes say in the date group.
thank you for your reply. Perhaps I didn't explain myself properly. The date sort is in the sub report. I'm just trying to stop the report from moving all the notes to the second page of the report when I apparently enter too many notes to stay on the first page. I would have assumed the report would print a certain number of notes on the first page and then push all the rest of the notes into how many other pages were required.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 11:28
check also the Main report.
is the "Keep together" set to Yes (detail section)?

mkdrep

Registered User.
Local time
check also the Main report.
is the "Keep together" set to Yes (detail section)?
both the main report and subreport has "keep Together" set to "No". Unfortunately, the issue still remains the same. Ty for your suggestion

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom