Subtotals in Excel (1 Viewer)

Sharon Hague

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:24
Hi All

I have a spreadsheet which I refresh data on which is stored on our accounts package. I do this using ODBC.

I want to insert subtotals into the spreadsheet which I can do, however when I go to refresh the data again the subtotals dissapear and I have to insert them again.

Is there any way I can tell the spreadsheet not to delete the existing subtotals and for it to work out the new ones with the refreshed data?

I'd appreciate anybody's help on this.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 17:24
After you put in the subtotals are you saving the workbook?

shades

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:24
One possibility is to have a separate worksheet for the subtotals. That way if the number of items change, your summary subtotals will automatically adjust.
________
Vapor Genie Vaporizer

Last edited:

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 17:24
Another option is running Data/Subtotals... on the new data.

Sharon Hague

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:24
Hi All

Thanks for all your replies.

I have tried all the suggestions you have all advised on. I am using the Data/Subtotals routine and whether I have the subtotals on a seperate worksheet or even another spreadsheet that is linked to the main spreadsheet that I refresh on, when I refresh the data in what i call the main spreadhseet the subtotals on the other worksheet do not move in accordance with the new data.

Am I missing something?

shades

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:24
If you have subtotals on a separate sheet, then it needs to be done with formulas. If you can include a small sample, then we can provide you with the subtotal formulas.
________
Herbal Vaporizer

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom