Summing a Total in a report (1 Viewer)

Jaypee666

Local time
Today, 10:51
Hi all,

Quick query, and I know it's probably a "if it were a dog it would have bit ya" answer, but I apparently can't seem to phrase my question right for an answer to be returned, so here goes.

I have a report that I have created that pulls data from an EPOS systems db and presents it in a format/layout that we were happy with. We have had to make a change to include one more field from the data table and this the field that is now causing me a headache.

Basically, we had crated a report that resembled a Customer Account Statement from within the software, with the exception that ours gives you a breakdown of what the line items in each invoice were, as opposed to just an overall Grand Total. This worked a treat until we realised that clients who had put only part of the Invoice On account in a Split Tender sale were not having those Invoices displayed as the database was marking the relevant invoice as ACC when charged fully to the account and SPT when there was a splitting of tender.

I added in the column that record the amount charged to the account, [ACC_Charge], but it shows up on each row, so when I do the report, it displays the [ACC_Charge] as ACC_Charge *X where X is the number of items on that particular invoice, thereby skewing the overall amount displayed for the ACC_Charged from the actual amount.

As I said at the begining, this is something that I probably should be able to see, but I am currently in a stage of "can't see the forest for the trees!!" :)

Any and all advice welcomed.

Thanks in advance

JP

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:51
I can't see it either, your description is confusing. I was doing fine until we get to

This worked a treat until we realised that clients who had put only part of the Invoice On account in a Split Tender sale were not having those Invoices displayed as the database was marking the relevant invoice as ACC when charged fully to the account and SPT when there was a splitting of tender.

I added in the column that record the amount charged to the account, [ACC_Charge], but it shows up on each row, so when I do the report, it displays the [ACC_Charge] as ACC_Charge *X where X is the number of items on that particular invoice, thereby skewing the overall amount displayed for the ACC_Charged from the actual amount.

A picture paints a thousand words so upload a screenshot if you can (you may need to zip it).

Otherwise this

but it shows up on each row

implies you need to put it in a different section on the report - perhaps a group or report footer

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom