Switchboard error (1 Viewer)

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:06
Has anything changed? I just don't understand how your reports are erroring for want of, say, a GroupID, but have never failed previously.
The same with the switchboard error, to be honest.

Mining4God

Local time
Today, 06:06
Well, I've used this same database since being the director, just over 5 years. My wife said that I did get one of those standard computer updates the other day, but I've never had one of those impact the database. I also recently ran a Glary Utilities app to clean up the computer, but I don't see how that would impact the database. And then, I opened the database and tried to pick last Friday to enter my weekly attendance and participation data, and the date field wouldn't work. You know the rest. This is my laptop and only my wife and I have ever touched it. Yeah, I don't get it, either.

But I do appreciate the assistance. You guys have been great.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 18:06
somehow, someone change the GroupID field into [Counsel Group], so most
of your report will ask for GroupID.
check if all are OK.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
@Mining4God

I just checked the DBS I downloaded. You started this thread on Tuesday (16th Feb) 5.20am. I am not sure where you are, and when you started the thread in your local time. I didn't download the dbs for a good couple of days after that . I didn't deliberately open anything other than the switchboard. I probably opened and closed the "students" form (the top menu item) a few times.

The point I am getting at is that I don't think the information has been changed by anything I did while looking at the database. (I do have the original zip, but I won't unzip it again)

Now, if you check the dates on your queries, forms, and other objects - even the tables, a great proportion of them are showing as last modified 15th Feb, 23:40 approx, although the created dates are older. A few items are last modified on older dates than that. So it certainly looks like something has changed with this database at that time. Do you recall doing anything then?

Do you have an older version of the database you can use to check the dates?

Mining4God

Local time
It's perfect!

No, I can't think of any changes being made. This has been a mystery to me. Thanks everyone!! (Please delete the database copies as they contain personal information)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
In the future, please do not upload sensitive information. Anyone can download it. Obfuscate the sensitive data before sending it. Someone has posted code to do this but I don't remember who. probably isladogs. He posts a lot of helpful stuff. An easy is to just make a copy of the database and run an update query that updates all the sensitive fields by just replacing them with the first two characters. Use the Left() function to do this.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
In the future, please do not upload sensitive information. Anyone can download it. Obfuscate the sensitive data before sending it. Someone has posted code to do this but I don't remember who. probably isladogs. He posts a lot of helpful stuff. An easy is to just make a copy of the database and run an update query that updates all the sensitive fields by just replacing them with the first two characters. Use the Left() function to do this.
It was @moke123, Pat and @Micron had a function as well.
In fact there is a link in my signature. :)

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Thanks. My appoligies to moke and Micron. You guys are very helpful also:oops:

JMongi

Local time
Resurrecting an old thread just to highlight this part in reading through the thread....

It resides on my personal Google Drive. I'm the only user. I have tried to compile it, but will try again.
PatHartman already called out that you should NOT run access databases on the cloud. Your personal Google Drive may only be accessed by you and you may be the only user, but while there is a local cached version on your computer, Google Drive is a cloud based storage system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom