Sync Two related subforms (1 Viewer)

ngsabath93

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:22
When I try to type a new ID into the field on "Homepage" it gets a messgae: "The text you entered isn't an item in the list. Select an item from the lsit, or enter text that matched one of the listed items.
It doesnt give me the option to open a blank ClientFrm

ngsabath93

Registered User.
Local time
I tried using the first link. Can I use this if My ClientID is a number field? Also On the homepage...how should I make this combobox? SHould I click add existing field (then choose ClientID from the table of CLientfrm)? or should I make a whole new underlying table for homepage and add a new field "clientIDMain" that will be the combobox? or should I just have the combobox unbound?

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
I do not see anything on that page that refers to a number field. This is a Not-In_List event that allows you to add new Clients. It opens a a Form (you create) to do so... so again what are you meaning when you ask about using a number field?

ngsabath93

Registered User.
Local time
ok I figured it out. However once the form opens and I fill out the blank form and close it, he form closes and then reopens diplaying all the information I just typed in. Is this normal?

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
It shouldn't close and then reopen. Please post the code you are using here...

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Grandkids here so will be off and on... I will look at your file as soon as I can.

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
I do not see it opening twice. I opened the Home Page then typed in 99 (a new Client), the Client Form opened, I entered 99 and closed the Form and it was in the list (the Client ID Combo Box). So where is it opening twice?

Side note, the button will open the ClientID Form for any Client ID entered in the Combo Box but I have to click the button for that to happen.

So what am I missing?

ngsabath93

Registered User.
Local time
Once you enter a new ID into the Client form, I have to click the close button twice for it to actually close

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Okay I think I see the problem. The Client ID Combo Box on the Home Form need to be UNBOUND. That means no Control Source.

ngsabath93

Registered User.
Local time
Also, is it possible to make the devault value on the homepage blank? Thanks!!

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
For whatever reason I cannot download your attachment. Not quite sure why so please upload a new file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom