"System Resource Exceeded" error when I perform a query in Access 2013 (1 Viewer)

mfaqueiroz

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:33
Hey!! :)

When i run the code in my pc it is working without any issue, but when it runs in my end-users's PC appears always this error "System resource exceeded"....
I've already tried:
1)HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Jet\4.0\Engines\Jet 4.0 to put the maximum number for lock = 50,000
2)Instal HotFix but appears always the error: this version don't work on your system.
3)Put the same references in the library
Do you have any idea how can i solve it?

I really really appreciate your help!
:)

(note: we're using the windows 7, 64bit microsoft office 2013)

RogerH

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:33
Works on one machine but not another? What are the differences between the machines?

How much RAM does he have?

Paging file size?

What other apps is he running?

Pull up task manager and/or Resource Monitor and see what is going on.

try it on a 3rd and 4th and 5th machine

hth

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:33
You have to look up "Windows Resources" on the web to get a better understanding of this, but basically a "resource" (in the sense meant by "Windows Resources Exceeded") is a Windows data structure in memory where defined interface object information is stored. Each product you install, each font you install, and anything that you have in your "Startup" folder has the potential to consume resources from the memory pool.

Mapped disks will do it. Open windows will do it. Open files will do it. Pre-allocated file handles will do it. I'm not sure there is anything in Windows that WON'T consume resources in some way or another. However, really complex web images, "busy" screen-savers, and anything else that is graphics-intensive will very quickly eat your socks.

The Resource Monitor will help you by telling you which kinds of resources are depleted or nearly so. Then the problem will be to find other consumers of those resources and whack them, or find the specific registry setting that increases that class of resource. However, because Windows Resources depend on memory mapping, it is possible to find that you have placed a memory constraint on the system that limits the number of resources you can store. Also, because the resources are numbered (I think) using 16-bit index numbers, you are limited to 65K total of all kinds - unless Win64 fixed this particular limitation and didn't tell me about it.

mfaqueiroz

Registered User.
Local time
Hy! thank you for the aswers :)

They have all the same operative system and the same machines...there is no difference.

I've tried to run after restart the pc, without any app running and the error persists.
Any suggestion to solve?
:)
happy easter!

mfaqueiroz

Registered User.
Local time
Yes, i've tried this solution, but appears always this error:

"Microsfot fix does not apply to your operating system or application version".

I've the windows 7 and i'm downloading for my windows version.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
, 01:33
have you tried setting the value at code level through vba, before doing extensive query update, etc.

DbEngine.SetOption dbMaxLocksPerFile, 80000

you should also released locks after sometimes:

' Call the Idle method to release unneeded locks, force
' pending writes, and refresh the memory with the current
' data in the .mdb/accdb file.
DBEngine.Idle dbRefreshCache

sxschech

Registered User.
Local time
Something else to consider...Experienced similar problem and since all computers were bought at same time and supposedly had same software install, couldn't figure out why it worked on one computer and not the other. Been using a variation of arnelgp suggestion which solved the problem on one computer, but not another, so kept looking. Eventually, we found that the difference between the two computers was one had Norton and the other didn't. When the Norton was turned off, things worked smoothly. So the other person has to remember that when running certain access processes, to disable Norton before proceeding. Not saying that will sort out your issue, but something to look into if one is running certain virus protector or protection levels.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:33
sxschech's point is relevant, because running processes consume the resources due to opening files and leaving them open (e.g., signature files). It reminded me of another issue that might be worth checking. From the task/resource monitors, see if the page file (system virtual memory file) is smaller than it needs to be. Since resources consume memory, if you don't have enough virtual memory allocated, you will be constrained in what you can do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom