Table Creation using Form (2 Viewers)

npierson

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:56
Sorry to ask a new question so soon, but I really need to figure this out. . .

Say I have a combo box (companyname) on a form. Then Say I have another combo box (employeename) that autofills when a particular company name is selected since there's more than one employee name for each company name. Is there a way to produce a temporary table with the company name that is selected (would stay the same), and all of the employee names for that company?

REASON: I created a macro that sends a table to the company name (via e-mail) when the form is updated, but it sends the whole table with all of the companies included in the table. I need to find a way to send a table to the company with just the specified company name and employee names for the company that was updated on the form.

I'd greatly appreciate any help,

Thanks,

Nick

charityg

Registered User.
Local time
Create a query based on the table with criteria on the companyname field=forms!formname!cbocompany

Send the query instead of the table.

npierson

Registered User.
Local time
That worked great, thank you. . . But, could I accomplish the same thing using a subform?

Thanks,

Nick

charityg

Registered User.
Local time
I'm not sure what you mean by using a subform. Do you want to send the subform, or use the subform to send the query?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom