Table name come out all strange, how can I solve the problem? (1 Viewer)

Niroth

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:23
Hi,

I was trying to convert my database into a .mde, but during the process, there's a warning popping up saying:

Can not read definitions; no read definitions permission for table or query "~TMPCLP1974543".

I know the strange name is the tables, because when I open my property window, some of my tables behind the forms or report is not shown with its name (the one I gave) but with these strange names given by Microsoft. Is that what is impeding my conversion, if so how can I overcome it, or if not, does anyone have any idea what I should do?

I did wonder if it has something to do with read/write permission, but I logged in as the administrator so I don't know what else to do.

Thanks.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 19:23
i thought an ~ referred to a deleted object

copy the database in case there is a corruption

so try compacting

then try compiling

then try and make an mde again

Niroth

Registered User.
Local time
Have tried compiling and taken care of all the errors, but still have the same problem. Could this problem be because I have linked tables to a be that have a database password? I doubt that is the cause, but I don't know ...

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 12:23
I would import everything into a new fresh db that has AutoCorrect turned OFF. Then I would do a /decompile. Then I would do a Compact and Repair. Then compile the db again. Then try to make the .MDE.

Last edited:

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 19:23
and take a copy of your database first - and maybe as you import things, import different classes of objects (ie, tables, modules, queries etc) take copies after each section.

you may find there is a corrupt form in there which trashes the database, and any database you import it to.

in which case, you may need to recover THAT from an older database, or prepare the whole thing again.

A bind, but sometimes you have to do it - it is ALWAYS a good idea to have a backup copy of any compiled and errorfree front end database.

Niroth

Registered User.
Local time
Hey rural guy, where do I find the AutoCorrect option to turn it off?

Niroth

Registered User.
Local time
Couldn't fine it, but have managed to get it converted. Deleted all the link tables, re-imported them as normal table, then break the database into separate be and fe again.

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 12:23
It sounds like you are off and rolling. Thanks for posting back with your solution.

Niroth

Registered User.
Local time
And thanks for your help, this site has helped me out of a bind many a time. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom