Tables and Queries Disappeared (1 Viewer)

Woland81

Local time
Today, 17:24
Dear All,

I've got a wierd problem with one of my Access databases. Suddenly all the tables and queries disappeared from the database. All the forms, reports, and macros are still in there and work ok.

It seems like they were not actually deleted but rather disappeared from the view, because the form which picks up the record from a "disappeared" table works fine. The reports based on "disappeared" tables and queries work fine as well. However, macros do not work returning an error message that they can not find the table/query.

Has anyone came across with such a problem before?

Thanks a lot,
Max

maxmangion

AWF VIP
Local time
it is possible that you set the hidden attribute to your tables/queries.

Go to tools -> options -> view and tick the option show hidden objects, and see if you manage to view your tables/queries!

Woland81

Local time
Thanks, but that was the first thing I tried. It did not work, obviously. However, these objects are definetely still in there. when i try to create a table with the same name as one of "disappeared" tables. It says that the object with such a name already exists.

Mr.Access

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:24
I've ticked the Hidden objects but They still don't appear !!!

Please .. I'm in STUCK .

How can I solve it ?????

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Is it possible for you to post a copy of your DB so we can look at it.

mresann

Registered User.
Local time
Another solution is to create a new database, then import all the objects from the existing database using the "File | Get External Data | Import" menu option. When the selection box comes up, select the existing database, then click OK. The "Import Objects" form comes up. First, click the "Select All" button on the right side. If you have special toolbars or other objects, click "Advanced" and follow instructions. Once you have made all your selections, click "OK". Finally, if you have a Startup form and other options, reset all those options in your new database.

This won't solve the mystery, per se, but will at least give you a working copy of your existing database.

Mr.Access

Registered User.
Local time
Dear Friends,

Ive got the solution which is :

" Compact & Repair " .

All the tables & Queries appeared again !!

Kind Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom