Tabs (1 Viewer)

TheSafetyGuy86

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:20
Good Day!

I have been asked to make a database for tracking employee data. In this database, the manager wants to be able to select what tabs (subforms) the employee can fill out.

I was thinking of using a form and creating a tab system inside the form that allows the employee to click on the form they need to fill out, but my concern is that I will have to create a separate form with different tabs for every variation of the tabs or is there a way to "hide" tabs that they don't need to see, through some form of selection process in another form possibly?

I hope that this explains what I am trying to do well enough. I am also not averse to coding something, but my coding work is still in the basic stages.

SafetyGuy

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 17:20
Sure, you can hide or display tabs based on some test. The basic code can be simple, depending on your situation. You just set the visible property of the page.

TheSafetyGuy86

Registered User.
Local time
Pbaldy,

Thanks, does that mean that I can set the visibility property to, lets say, a yes or no field?

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The property is true/false, so I suppose that field can be used.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
No problem, post back if you get stuck. I've done it with a table for who was authorized or not, but mine was a simple one where people either saw everything or the same limited group.

TheSafetyGuy86

Registered User.
Local time
Alright Pbaldy! Thanks for the heads up. I figured out how to make it work and it is doing exactly what I want it to do. Thanks for your assistance!

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Awesome! Happy to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom