Task Scheduler No Longer Executing /x (1 Viewer)

brucesilvers

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:48
I have developed a number of databases for a client over the last few years, many of which are automatically maintained through the Windows Task Scheduler by utilizing the /x Macro switch. All of my scheduled tasks worked perfectly for a long time, but now a problem has mysteriously developed.

Whenever one of the scheduled tasks now run, the related database does indeed open, but that's it - the database sits open on the desktop and the macro is NOT executed.

All scheduled tasks use the following format:

Run: \\SERVERNAME\ServerDirectory\DatabaseName.mdb /x MacroToBeRun
Start In: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office"

I get identical results when I execute the task through the windows "Run" dialogue.

No changes have been made to security or permission on the system. No changes have been made to the computer executing the Task Scheduler tasks. In fact, the systems administrator and I could find nothing that has changed either on the local machine or on the network or server. We are thoroughly perplexed. Any ideas?

Thanks!!!

jfgambit

Kinetic Card Dealer
Local time
Today, 13:48
Just to confirm...the Macros have not been changed or altered...correct?

brucesilvers

Registered User.
Local time
Correct

I did not alter any of the macros or the scheduled tasks.

jfgambit

Kinetic Card Dealer
Local time
Try this:

Run: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSACCESS.EXE" \\SERVERNAME\ServerDirectory\DatabaseName.mdb /x MacroToBeRun

Start In: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office"

brucesilvers

Registered User.
Local time
Tried that too

I tried that both from the task scheduler and the windows Run dialogue box and again got the same results. We continue to be thoroughly perplexed.

By the way, if the macros are run from within their databases, they all execute properly.

Last edited:

brucesilvers

Registered User.
Local time
Follow Up

I had to create a workaround for this...

I created a barebones version of each database that required scheduled importing, all the tables linked to their originals, and attached the import code to a form set as the Start Up form. When these versions are opened up, the import code runs automatically. Task scheduler allows the simple opening of a database, so the imports now run as desired.

Bat17

Registered User.
Local time
Not sure that this will help but it is worth a look :)
>Help>About Microsoft Access>Disabled Items...
and see if there is anything in there that may have affected it.

peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom