Testimonies (1 Viewer)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 04:15
This article is so encouraging and some of the excerpts are as well. People giving testimony to the dozens of miracles they've witnessed in their life since cooperating with God's plan or in some cases even when not. God is always reaching out to you. All you have to do is accept him and submit and life changes astonishingly for the better.

My favorite quote is this below. And this is not out of a spirit of condemnation because I'm preaching to myself as well, sometimes I want to get close to God, but when I do I realize that he wants all of me and that can be a little scary. I want the certainty and the miracles but when I get them I have to understand the totality of what that means.

Halfway through the conversation, I knew, and I was going ‘oh God, you are not. You are not about to actually do this. Because I asked you for a sign, but I don’t really want it because then I have to be held accountable, and I’m not interested in that,’" Morgan continued to say in the TikTok.
Wow! That's food for thought..

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 07:15
On certain days, when there is a moderate number of clouds, you get an atmospheric effect where the sunlight "glows". I have interpreted that as God looking down on you.

I have had two exceptionally low probability events that make you believe God is looking out for you. In the first case, we lived in rural Nevada, it was December and very cold, the sun was setting, we were miles from town and maybe a mile from the nearest paved road (which was not well traveled). We were doing off-road driving and the truck just stalled, Dead battery. We started to hike to the main road. As we did so, another truck materialized and we were able to get a jump start. The chance of seeing another vehicle out in the middle of nowhere had to be very close to 0%!!!

In anther case, I had just completed a field inspection (as a State employee). I started to drive back to my work location. I pulled into an unmanned state gas station around 8PM. The gas card would not work. As I was fumbling around, one of my fellow employees, who I knew, pulled in to fill-up her vehicle. She helped me to get the card working. So everything turned out well.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
On certain days, when there is a moderate number of clouds, you get an atmospheric effect where the sunlight "glows". I have interpreted that as God looking down on you.

I have had two exceptionally low probability events that make you believe God is looking out for you. In the first case, we lived in rural Nevada, it was December and very cold, the sun was setting, we were miles from town and maybe a mile from the nearest paved road (which was not well traveled). We were doing off-road driving and the truck just stalled, Dead battery. We started to hike to the main road. As we did so, another truck materialized and we were able to get a jump start. The chance of seeing another vehicle out in the middle of nowhere had to be very close to 0%!!!

In anther case, I had just completed a field inspection (as a State employee). I started to drive back to my work location. I pulled into an unmanned state gas station around 8PM. The gas card would not work. As I was fumbling around, one of my fellow employees, who I knew, pulled in to fill-up her vehicle. She helped me to get the card working. So everything turned out well.
Such a beautiful story. Millions of such testimonies I hear thousands of them myself

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 21:15
Miracles are things that are beyond the possibility of the physical laws. Bringing dead people back to life (no I don't mean ordinary resuscitation) or healing the severely crippled by waving one's hand at them. Like the Biblical miracles that stopped happening nearly 2000 years ago.

Interpreting ordinary events that were just a matter of luck as miracles is just seeing what you want to see. Confirmation bias. It is very common. The Hebrew god prevailed in the world, not because their god led The Chosen People to victory but because they were the most brutal people in the region and very skilled at genocide.

People who survived close encounters with death often attribute their survival to a god. You get a lot of these stories if you sample millions of people. However those who prayed and still died aren't around to tell their story of how god ignored their pleas.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Miracles are things that are beyond the possibility of the physical laws. Bringing dead people back to life (no I don't mean ordinary resuscitation) or healing the severely crippled by waving one's hand at them. Like the Biblical miracles that stopped happening nearly 2000 years ago.

Interpreting ordinary events that were just a matter of luck as miracles is just seeing what you want to see. Confirmation bias. It is very common. The Hebrew god prevailed in the world, not because their god led The Chosen People to victory but because they were the most brutal people in the region and very skilled at genocide.

People who survived close encounters with death often attribute their survival to a god. You get a lot of these stories if you sample millions of people. However those who prayed and still died aren't around to tell their story of how god ignored their pleas.

And yet, if you needed a good housecleaner and just two of your friends recommended one, I bet you would hire them.

Just two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom