Text box/label name manipulation... (1 Viewer)

Blackelise

aka Andrew
Local time
Today, 01:03
Hi again,

head somewhere sort again....

I wish to have the title of a report (and simular on a form) that is based on the value of a three date fields held on the report/supporting table.

So I have a Quote/Order/Invoice report.

I have three date fields; QuoteDate, AcceptedDate & JobCompletedDate wish are populated as the Quote moves through the process.

So the title on each page of the report needs to be:
"Quote" if QuoteDate <> Null and AcceptedDate = Null
"Estimate" if AcceptedDate <> Null
"Invoice" if JobCompletedDate <> Null
you get the picture.

I've tried a function in the control Source but this does not change as each page is generated, I've tried various Event options but the report does not fire any events, that I can see, as each page is generated.

There must be away....your experience is sought please. Thanks.

Anakardian

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:03
I think I would make so you get an error if you try to show a report that does not fulfil the criteria. Even better would be to not allow the user to select a report that dos not fulfil the criteria.

As for the title you can make a text box and set it to lookup the valus you need using dlookup or if you already have the values on a form, use them from there.
Remember you can combine several valus by using the "&" beteen each field as well as inserting spaces or other characters where you need them.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Show us the function you said you tried. You need the following functions:

IIF() and IsNull()

Blackelise

aka Andrew
Local time
Hi vbaInet,

got the nulls with debug and trial & error....work well on the forms.

I'm going to give the user three options for printing - Quote, Order & Invoice - and then push the title through from the selection along with a filter. Might need help with openargs on docmd.openreport though nearer the time....

cheers.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
If it's related to this thread feel free to post your questions here. If not, you will need to create a new thread.

Let us know how you get on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom