Textbox control not filling when default value is set (1 Viewer)

browninaz

Ugly Data Hoarder
Local time
Today, 10:00
OK everyone,

I have a bit of a quandary here.

I have 3 tables, tblClients, tblClientDetails, and tblSchedulingDetails.

I have a field in tblClientDetails to contain the client number from tblClients, and I have two fields in tblSchedulingDetails to contain the client number and the client details number.

I then created a form that holds most of the fields for all of the tables mentioned above to enter new client names, new client address info, and basic client scheduling info.

Now, I have set the default values using the property sheet in design view for the following:

ClientNum > ClientNum_tblClientDetails and
ClientNum > ClientNum_tblSchedulingDetails and
ClientDetailsNum > ClientDetailsNum_tblSchedulingDetails

I promise this is not a riddle...

Here's the quandary - ClientNum_tblClientDetails is autofilling from tblClients, and ClientDetailsNum_tblSchedulingDetails is autofilling from tblClientDetails, but ClientNum_tblSchedulingDetails is not autofilling in spite of the fact that the default value is set with =[ClientNum].

I then created a modal dialogue form with the fields from tblClients and tblClientDetails with a command button that opens another modal that contains the fields from tblSchedulingDetails, set the appropriate default values, and the ClientNum_tblSchedulingDetails autofills as needed.

The question at hand is, why do I have to use modal dialogue forms to perform this action and cannot do it in one single form?

Thanks to all who know more than me...

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 01:00
do you have form/subform, if so you can link(parentlink/childlink) the subform to the main form and go away with default values.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom