The Law Perverted (1 Viewer)

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Today, 10:50
In reading and responding to another post, to occurred to me that perversion of the law was used to get Trump in the case of Jean Carroll vs Donald Trump. Unfortunately this perversion was essentially overlooked as the media was hot on on (falsely) painting Trump as a morally corrupt person. It deserves repeating this perversion in this thread.
The law opened a one-time window for adult sexual assault survivors in New York to file a civil case against an abuser or institution that protected the abuser — no matter when the assault took place, even if it’s outside the statute of limitations. But that window expires in six months.
Essentially this "law" was equivalent to a "Bill of Attainder", an unconstitutional act. Basically, this so-called "law" made a mockery of the statute of limitations. Just as Bragg is doing in his case against Trump.

Imagine this hypothetical over-the-top example that shows the ludicrousness of the Carrol vs Trump case. Trump tosses out a piece of chewing gum in July 1, 2020, @12.00PM, @the corner of Main and Broadway, a misdemeanor. The misdemeanor expired on 2021. Now to get Trump, a new law is passed in 2024, that allows the misdemeanor to be resurrected for anyone who tossed gum on July 1, 2020 @12.00PM @the corner of Main and Broadway. Clearly this is a perversion of the legal system designed to enable the filing of a criminal and/or civil action against one person, in this case Trump. "Show me the man and I’ll show you the crime." (Lavrentiy Beria). Meanwhile, everyone else who just happened to toss a piece of chewing gum before July 1, 2020 or after that time anywhere in New York just happens gets a "free" pass for their atrocious criminal activity (sarcasm).

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Unfortunately this perversion was essentially overlooked
Not by me. I pointed it out several times. This law was passed SPECIFICALLY because they had a woman who was willing to say she was raped because of her hatred for Trump. No evidence of any kind would be required. All she had to do was to make the accusation and the "justice" system would take over from there.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Not by me. I pointed it out several times. This law was passed SPECIFICALLY because they had a woman who was willing to say she was raped because of her hatred for Trump. No evidence of any kind would be required. All she had to do was to make the accusation and the "justice" system would take over from there.
You and I picked-up on this. Maybe others on this forum did too. I should have been clearer that I was referring to the left leaning media that avoided discussing this perversion of the legal process in their fanatical (Trump Derangement Syndrome) implementation of "get Trump", no matter what. The ends justify the means.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Democrats have been manically pounding the drums that Trump will seek retribution should he get reelected. Trey Gowdy realizing that retribution (jailing your political opponent) could become a standard banana republic policy asked the question:
how do we prevent the eye for an eye cycle from developing?

Kevin Walling, the Democratic pundit, failed to even acknowledge that the Democrats have been using using illegitimate lawfare to get Trump, which would allow Trump to legitimately use the law appropriately to jail Democrats. Walling made no effort to address how a cycle of an eye for aye retribution could be prevented. Walling, in his response, has refused to acknowledge that Democrats have perverted the law.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Cognitive dissonance is very hard to overcome. No talking head who disavowed the laptop from hell has acknowledged that it was real and they were duped. No one has acknowledged that the FBI interfered with a Presidential election.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom