The Recordset is Not Updateable (1 Viewer)

mcdhappy80

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:32
I wasn't lazy and I did some reading on the topic, but none of the solutions (except Dynaset [inconsistent Updates]) solved my problem (including all the join fields in query, and make relationships cascade update).
I have one form with query from the picture as record source and I controls on the form are bound to all fields from tblZahtev and to one field (bol1PPPPP) from tblDete0.
Can anyone try this scenario and see why this doesn't work?
Maybe because of the two 1 to 1 relationships between tables tblZahtev - tblUgovor - tblDete0?
If I choose to use Dynaset (Inconsistent Update) option what problems may I encounter in the future? What I need to be aware of when using it?
Thank You.

Attachments

• NotUpdateable.JPG
    NotUpdateable.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 123

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 06:32
You can't use the extra field in your query. In the relationships it is separated by an entirely different table. You will need a subform to include tblUgovor in as well, in order to update that one field.

mcdhappy80

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:32
You can't use the extra field in your query. In the relationships it is separated by an entirely different table. You will need a subform to include tblUgovor in as well, in order to update that one field.
Could You please explain then, which table from the three would be forms main data source and since my filed is in third table (tblDete0) how may subforms should I have?
What about the Inconsistent updates option, what do You think about it?
What can go wrong if I use that option?
Thank You

Last edited:

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
1. I never use the inconsistent updates - I just don't know enough about it but I don't think it is wise.

2. I don't know enough about your tables, or data, to tell you which should be the main form. But it appears that you have a one to one relationship and then a one to many. I haven't analyzed your structure so this may be off, but I think the main form is the first table, the second would be a subform and then the third one (with the date) should be a subform on the subform. But that's just a quick glance.

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
I have to confess I can't help but not wonder why your one-one relationship isn't a single table. Maybe knowing a bit more of the structure will help us understand why.

Also, granting that we don't need to change anything, I also have to wonder why you're trying to cram everything into a single form - As Bob suggested, you would find it much easier if you used subforms, generally making it a one-to-one ration between the form and the table it is bound to. Note further that you can modify the subform to make it invisible and its content appear as if it's on the same form with the parent form so your users doesn't have to know they are using subform.

As for Dynaset (Inconsistent Update), in my brief futzing, I've found it to be well, inconsistent. The idea is that it should enable you to update more than one table but in actuality, it does not work correctly unless you save the changes made to one table before updating other table, which defeats the whole point of Inconsistent Updates. To see why, I suggest you open the query in datasheet and type in some values and watch how the key fields behave between a consistent update and an inconsistent update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom