The Slightly Obscure Music Discussion And Quizzy Thread (1 Viewer)

Darrell

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:41
Although a very good answer - no

2nd pic - I'm looking for the team

Darrell

Registered User.
Local time
Right team - wrong song sorry

Darrell

Registered User.
Local time
OK I honestly didn't think that this one was that tricky so in the interests of keeping the thread alive, if there are no more questions or requests for clues I'll put the link up and whomever wants to take over can go for it.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 16:41
Maybe add some clues for us literal types (ok, maybe I'm a group of one). First pic isn't cheese you say - could be anything else, like yellow brick, butter, gold bar... hint?
You say you're looking for a team, yet you're looking for song and artist. Are we looking for a band/artist having the same name as a team? BTW, I know what that sport is, but beyond that it means nothing to me. I've been waiting for someone else to crack it.

Darrell

Registered User.
Local time
No problems
PIc 1 - "If you think it's butter, but it's not" ...."It might be cheese"... "It's not cheese"
Pic 2 - Minty got the team with "Hurricanes" - if you look at their jumpers it has that on it.
Last two pics are band - and it's not mumu. I really thought that the band would have been gotten super fast and then the rest of the clues would fall into place.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
I spent some time going down a rabbit hole - Led Zeppelin because of the Mu, "Love Me Like a Hurricane" because of the team, but can make no connection with the yellow thingy so I guess I'm tapped.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
And you thought that was going to be easy? 🥴

Hopefully this will get someone on the sidelines involved and I suspect it's an easy one. If you've posted a few of your own and you get this right away, give the bystanders a chance ok? I have someone in mind...;)

c1.jpg
c2.jpg

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:41
Rather obviously, that first shot is a picture from NCIS New Orleans showing the twin portions of what we call the "Crescent City Connection" over the "big muddy" - the Mississippi River. The earthworms appear to be in a type of mud or at least damp soil. The only name that comes to mind is the old "Minstrel show" song "Mississippi Mud." So many artists have "covered" that song and it is so old that I have no clue as to whom the original artist might have been - but it was before the age of commercial radio broadcasts.

If that's not it then I'm drawing blanks.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Well, this was sort of aimed at you - or NG who is conspicuously absent lately!
You're close. It seems I forgot to say it is a band/group, not a song title.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Still drawing a blank, though I have discovered one thing related to this thread. I am hopelessly out of touch with popular music these days.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
TBH, I never heard of them, and doubt they are all that popular. They are supposedly local to you, which is why I picked this one.
I think so far, several of these puzzles are not based on what I'd call popular music if that means current music. Maybe some, but quite a few quizzes were based on stuff that's up to 50 years old so that gives you and me a fighting chance! Most of what I've been able to figure out is only by trying to interpret the visual clues, then Google those interpretations. Most of the time it's miss, not hit.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I've searched for bands with "Worm" in their name. Also "crawler" and "nightcrawler" - but nothing has stuck so far. And I doubt there would ever be a band named with any variant of "annelid." I DID find a band called "Mongolian Death Worm" but that doesn't seem to match up with the "river" clue and they are not local to my area. I'll think about it some more and perhaps NG will catch it.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Interesting, because in your last 2 posts, you've used the exact words that make up the name of this group.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If so, it is a group with which I am unfamiliar.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Well, I tried to come up with something for you and Wikipedia says they're local to your area so I went with that.
Let us know if you give up. I suspect others might be holding off to give you a chance. Remember the 2 posts I mentioned - you actually wrote the 2 words in the name - in separate posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom