Threads (1 Viewer)

mercystone

Local time
Today, 14:01
Hello everyone. I am trying to rank the Students based on the total marks of the subjects being entered. Kindly check attached database. Somebody to help me with a function or query to rank total marks of Students. Kindly check Student Examination Details (from subform). Thanks in advance. God bless

Attachments

• GRADEMARKS (2).zip
    52 KB · Views: 218

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:01
Ranking isn't done until ALL the data is entered. Otherwise, you have to rank after each entry which is really inefficient.

What is wrong with the solution arnel created for you in your other thread which you marked solved?

mercystone

Local time
Ranking isn't done until ALL the data is entered. Otherwise, you have to rank after each entry which is really inefficient.

What is wrong with the solution arnel created for you in your other thread which you marked solved?
That was for subjects only. I need the totals for subjects

mercystone

Local time

Rank totals for subjects please. Thanks in advance

Eugene-LS

Registered User.
Local time
Rank totals for subjects please.
May be that way:
SQL:
SELECT [First Name] & (" "+[Last Name]) AS [Studen Name], Sum(StudentSubjects.Mark) AS [Sum of Mark], Subjects.[Subject ID], Subjects.Description
FROM Subjects RIGHT JOIN (Students INNER JOIN StudentSubjects ON Students.ID = StudentSubjects.StudentID) ON Subjects.ID = StudentSubjects.SubjectID
GROUP BY [First Name] & (" "+[Last Name]), Subjects.[Subject ID], Subjects.Description
ORDER BY Sum(StudentSubjects.Mark) DESC;

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom