Solved Three timer questions (1 Viewer)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:01
That didn't work either. The other option is to check if a previous file exists and then delete it before the procedure starts.

Which I believe I suggested earlier? (Post #6) Sorry - some "I told you so" remarks are too hard to pass up - but no malice intended. At most a slight amount of wickedness.

Local time
Today, 02:01
Which I believe I suggested earlier? (Post #6) Sorry - some "I told you so" remarks are too hard to pass up - but no malice intended. At most a slight amount of wickedness.
Granted and that's what I ended up going with. It came down to three things:
  • If I didn't delete the old file and didn't check creation/modified dates, I got false positives (The sub reported the file was created, however, it was finding the previous version.
  • If I didn't delete the old file and did check creation/modified dates, I got false negatives (The sub reported something went wrong, but clearly there was a file with the correct name created/modified 15 seconds ago.) Not sure why this failed, but not overly concerned about it.
  • Deleting the file caused no harm, it would be overwritten anyway, and I wouldn't be running the process if I still wanted to use the old one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom