Timesheet Design (1 Viewer)

leanneuk

Local time
Today, 13:23
Hi,

Im building a timesheet database and trying to design an easy way of inputting jobs daily. Ive attached an image of what im trying to achieve but not sure how i would go about this.

I want a way of selecting blocks of hours in a day say 9:00am to 11:00am then being able to allocate these times to a project/client. Similar to how can input data into excel spreadsheets.

It would also be useful if I could overlap these time blocks like in the example jpg. Where I could for instance have 10:30am to 2pm allocated to another project/client. Visually id like to show this overlap like in the example.

Any help or advice on how I could go about building something like this would be much appreciated,

Thanks

Leanne

Attachments

• timesheet.jpg
    timesheet.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,174

OllyK

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:23
leanneuk said:
Hi,

Im building a timesheet database and trying to design an easy way of inputting jobs daily. Ive attached an image of what im trying to achieve but not sure how i would go about this.

I want a way of selecting blocks of hours in a day say 9:00am to 11:00am then being able to allocate these times to a project/client. Similar to how can input data into excel spreadsheets.

It would also be useful if I could overlap these time blocks like in the example jpg. Where I could for instance have 10:30am to 2pm allocated to another project/client. Visually id like to show this overlap like in the example.

Any help or advice on how I could go about building something like this would be much appreciated,

Thanks

Leanne

This strikes me as more of a programming challenge than a database design issue. Are you capable of writing your own controls? Have you looked for third party controls to assist?

dsigner

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:23
What is the horizontal dimension on your time sheet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom