TomTom 710 (1 Viewer)

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 14:47
I was chatting with a chap who uses this sat-nav on his bike. He's well pleased with it, anyone got one? any thoughts?

Col

Ron_dK

Cool bop aficionado
Local time
Today, 15:47
Col,

The TomTom ONE XL Europe goes for approx. the same price as the 710, but has a bigger screen and a free RDS-TMC-receiver for traffic info.
Although I don't have a Dom Tom ( yet) , I was made to understand that the ONE XL gives the best value for money to date.
If you intend to visit the US :D , you'll have to buy the 910 serie, since that one got maps for Europe AND Canada +US.

dxp

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:47
I use a 510 almost on a daily basis in the UK and on occasion in France ,no problems as yet and the price has fallen rapidly. I don't know what the difference is between the 2 models, probably extra features.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Thanks DX.

I decided to go for the 700 in the end, it's cheaper than the 710. I tested it out going to a wedding in Bristol last weekend, really good.

What voice have you got it set on?

Col

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Hi Col
Was on the TomTom site yesterday and see that they have special models for motorbikes, pricey, but looked good.

Brian

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Hi Col
Was on the TomTom site yesterday and see that they have special models for motorbikes, pricey, but looked good.

Brian

Yes, I saw them, the TomTom Rider. It's bloody expensive, I got the 700 model (with Europe maps) on ebay, nowhere near as expensive.

On my bike, it's now tucked up under the windscreen and doesn't get wet anyway, it plugs into the 12v socket no probs.

I can use it in the car or on the bike easy.

I'm only a poor NHS worker you know. . . . . . . . . ;)

Col

R

Rich

I haven't got a screen at the minute, I dropped the bike and broke it:mad: :eek:

FoFa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:47
I have a Garmin Nuvi 760. It is not recommended for a bike (guess cause it is not waterproof), but it works really, really, well. Y9u would need a headset of some kind to hear it on a bike however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom