too many folders and subfolders in outlook IMAP account (gmail synced) (1 Viewer)

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 06:50
To everyone using outlook and syncing it to their gmail account...

I had this issue going on with outlook 10 and now that I have reverted to 07 the same stupid thing happens. I first tried to get the gurus at MS to answer this question, but those typical morons gave me a canned response which obviously comes from their corporate policy. my original, short thread, is here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...lders-in/ec38f69b-0cd1-4f81-8a74-2fc558fdcde8

I addressed this ridiculous response, and why it doesn't make any sense in my response to the same expert here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...he-inbox/8779a78f-720c-41ba-b037-b178ec861f39

the short of the issue is that I get all of what you see in the attached image when I open 07. my original post can be read in the first link above. I won't repeat it here. any help certainly welcomed people!

but this isn't the only issue. another annoying thing is that outlook will download random messages from random periods of "date received" spans and from random folders in gmail, at random times even though I have the automatic send/receive to every 20 minutes. and those messages that are downloaded can go to literally folder. some that come from gmail inbox are downloaded to spam, some go to "all mail", some don't. etc, etc, ....the possibilities go on and on.

Attachments

• too many folders.jpg
    too many folders.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 203

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
this has been solved with the upgrade to office 365. i found many many forum posts regarding this same complaint and most people have said that there is no fix for it from outlook versions 2007 to 2013. but after 2013 the problem seemed to have gone away. that was the general consensus I read.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:50
To everyone using outlook and syncing it to their gmail account...

I had this issue going on with outlook 10 and now that I have reverted to 07 the same stupid thing happens. I first tried to get the gurus at MS to answer this question, but those typical morons gave me a canned response which obviously comes from their corporate policy. my original, short thread, is here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...lders-in/ec38f69b-0cd1-4f81-8a74-2fc558fdcde8

I addressed this ridiculous response, and why it doesn't make any sense in my response to the same expert here

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...he-inbox/8779a78f-720c-41ba-b037-b178ec861f39

the short of the issue is that I get all of what you see in the attached image when I open 07. my original post can be read in the first link above. I won't repeat it here. any help certainly welcomed people!

but this isn't the only issue. another annoying thing is that outlook will download random messages from random periods of "date received" spans and from random folders in gmail, at random times even though I have the automatic send/receive to every 20 minutes. and those messages that are downloaded can go to literally folder. some that come from gmail inbox are downloaded to spam, some go to "all mail", some don't. etc, etc, ....the possibilities go on and on.
The "typical morons" you refer to are contributors and volunteers. I'm sure they are thrilled that you bash them on other forums, for giving you "free advice". :rolleyes:

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
The "typical morons" you refer to are contributors and volunteers. I'm sure they are thrilled that you bash them on other forums, for giving you "free advice". :rolleyes:
3 of my neighbors told me that the "volunteers" found on that forum of microsoft's that have the title "individual advisor" are actually forum trolls looking to offer free advice in the hopes that they will upsell additonal services to you after they solved your problem. I have no idea if that is true or not, but it's very possible. I do know that the people who respond on google forums are also indeed volunteers, as a respondent told me that last week. Even though they are volunteers, they seem to be very good at solving problems over there.

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
If you have a mirror Adam, try looking in it.
are you saying I'm acting like a troll? If you are, I can't possibly agree. Have I ever tried to sell anyone here on a stupid idea and profit from it? :rolleyes:

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
that has no filters and is not self-aware.
not self-aware of what? the impression I make on others? what *filters* should I have? Are you trying to make a suggestion for how I can improve? Richard has already pounded my ass into the ground with that kind of stuff....

aaronkempf

Local time
Today, 04:50
I am beginning to like this community. I was a troll for many years, and I'm still FIGHTING irritated that they killed ADP. But still, you guys are a good group, you speak the truth, and I've discovered and read some high quality stuff here so far. I hope you guys keep me around (as opposed to blocking me. I just wrote about a 25k character introduction letter).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom