Topaz Digital Signature Pad Help (1 Viewer)

NewfieSarah

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:34
Hi All, I have just recently purchases a signature pad, I have added it to my working program, via using the demo applicaiton which comes with it. However I am getting a mismatch type. On the form load this code is highlighted in debug mode: SigPlus1.SigString = Signature.Value. I think that the problem is that there is no value in the Signature it is Null. So I was wondering if there was anyone with any ideas that might help me. Thanks

JoeCruse

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:04
Sarah,

is Signature the name of the control on your form that stores the actual signature? Is SigPlus1 the name of the ActiveX control on your form that is where the signature is seen onscreen? Do you have the SigSign ActiveX control on the form also?

The recordsource for your control Signature should be a memo field in the underlying table, as it will store the signature as a VERY long text string.

If you can't get it going, attach a zipped version of the app and I'll look at it, when I get a minute.

NewfieSarah

Registered User.
Local time
Signature is the name of the unseen textbox. Which store the signature I guess. The SigPlus is the activeX Control Where the signature appears yes. Yes I have a SigSign as well. Yes the control source is memo. Like I said it doesnt work when there is no name in the Signature control. When there is a name is a name in the database this error doesnt occur. So it must have something to do with the null. I was thinking that If I change my "allow Zero Lenght" property in my table then it may work but I tryed that and I still get the same error. Thanks for the help

NewfieSarah

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for all the help, I figured out what I had to add to my code to fix the problem, it was a an if statement. Thanks
If Len(Signature.Value) > 0 Then
SigPlus1.SigString = Signature.Value
End If

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom