Touchpad And Keyboard stop working (1 Viewer)

tonykbrown

Local time
Today, 11:03
Hi im having serious keyboard and mouse problems, i hope you can help.
NB. im not great with computers so it may not be very technica
I currently have an Acer Aspire 3000 laptop
When i load my laptop up i reach the login screen if i leave it for more than 30seconds or so i lose control of the keyboard so usually i quickly type in my password so i can access the main screen. Once here i quickly lose control of my touchpad and the keyboard (however my usb mouse works)
This has been happening for about 2 months now and i have noticed that if i open and run a check on "spybot- search & destroy" i regain access to both the touchpad and the keyboard. Which is how im typing this... (but running the spyware programme all the time makes my computer very slow) however the search always finds nothing (and its fully updated) i also use other programmes (adaward, avg, and spyware terminator) and although they often find problems none of them heal the keyboard and touchpad.
On some days however my computer loads up and works fine (touchpad and keyboard) and then when i shutdown the computer the next time it comes on it will not work again.
One final thing when the keyboard and mouse arent workin i am also unable to shut down my computer in the usual fassion (start, turn off computer etc..) i have to hold down the main power off switch.
I cant think of anything else to say right now.. please if u have any ideas post them, this problem is really annoying me!
Thanks
Tony

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Of the top of my head it looks like something is messing with your keyboard.sys file.

Do you have a USB keyboard to test with ? Does that work ?

You could try a reinstall of the keyboard and touchpad by going into the control panel > system > device manager and expand the Human Interface Devices and right clicking on the relative entries and uninstalling them, then reboot by using your USB mouse. Let them automatically reinstall and try again.

If that doesn't work try this:

A Windows repair (if you have a full Windows disk) - I've already posted instructions here.

tonykbrown

Local time
Cheers for the help Minkey i just got a few questions before i do anythin..
I aint all that good with computers so bear with me lol
Soz I dont have a USB keyboard to test with
I followed your steps to uninstalling the touchpad and keyboard, however when i get to the "human interface device" and expand that the only extra bit that opens is "USB Human INterface Device", i couldnt work out if this was related to my usb mouse or if this was for the touchpad and keyboard... Should i uninstall this?
Also after uninstalling it will it simply reinstall itself next time it boots up?
Cheers M8
Tony

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
however when i get to the "human interface device" and expand that the only extra bit that opens is "USB Human INterface Device", i couldnt work out if this was related to my usb mouse or if this was for the touchpad and keyboard... Should i uninstall this?

It's probably for both, you should also check if there are any other entries under keyboard or mouse (if they are present), any HID device should automatically reinstall once you boot into windows (the found new hardware wizard will pop up when you log in)

krymphus

Local time
Today, 04:03
um one thing you might check is to pull out the PS2 cord and check to see if any parts are bent or missing. By this i mean the keyboard or mouse that is not USB pull it out and see if the ends are broken, bent, et cetera. If so get a new one.

anthonymar1

Local time
Today, 04:03
dude wait i have a answer man!!!

I serched everywhere because i had this same problem. i even went to buy a 1G of ram think i would get responce at startup. you know what it is ....the battery...everyone else is having the same problem. start it up without the battery and it works like a charm. (like a rocket if you add the 1G of RAM) anyways i hope it helps man...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom