Solved Training Matrix (1 Viewer)

Kayleigh

Local time
Today, 11:41
I'm struggling with creating a query to summarise the data in the format specified by the client.
They would like a table such as below:
Staff IDTraining Category & Title of Training - all statutory trainings as columns
1Date of most recent training
2or "No" if null

The data is in a database.
All staff are to appear once in the left-hand column and all statutory training (if date not expired) are to appear as the columns. Note several trainings may be recorded for each category so only the latest date should be displayed.

What's the best way to create this?

Attachments

• trainingMatrixTEST.accdb
    512 KB · Views: 242

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I have an example of Stephen covey's time management matrix done in MS Access on my website here:-

The main purpose of the example is to demonstrate how you can use a carrier form (main form) which holds the four subform/subreport controls and then use one single form in each subform/subreport control, (one single form utilised four times)
demonstrating how you can use a single form multiple times...

Last edited:

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 19:41
see query4.
note: no record on staff table so cannot join it in query.

Attachments

664 KB · Views: 365

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
I'm struggling with creating a query to summarise the data in the format specified by the client.
They would like a table such as below:
Staff IDTraining Category & Title of Training - all statutory trainings as columns
1Date of most recent training
2or "No" if null

The data is in a database.
All staff are to appear once in the left-hand column and all statutory training (if date not expired) are to appear as the columns. Note several trainings may be recorded for each category so only the latest date should be displayed.

What's the best way to create this?
The following Report View is one way of displaying the data.

Attachments

• StaffTraining.JPG
    StaffTraining.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 530

Kayleigh

Local time
@arnelgp - Thanks for that sample. I have now filled in the tblStaff with fictitious names.
Also I only want one column for each category (to decrease number of empty spaces in final result) so each category be joined together - I have added some more info to the training table to assist.

@mike60smart - I like the report view. Although it includes a lot of detail, so maybe I can offer 'display more detail' to show this option. Can you explain in more detail how this was achieved?

Attachments

688 KB · Views: 504

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Hi

It is just a report based on query1

See the attached.

Attachments

• trainingMatrixTEST.zip