transfertext columnar (1 Viewer)

supmktg

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:19
I'm trying to export a query to a text file for import into another db. The format that is required is like this:

Field1Name Field1Data
Field2Name Field2Data
Field3Name Field3Data
Field4Name Field4Data
Field1Name Field1Data
Field2Name Field2Data
Field3Name Field3Data
Field4Name Field4Data
Field1Name Field1Data
Field2Name Field2Data
Field3Name Field3Data
Field4Name Field4Data
etc.

I've built a query that has formatted the field names and data appropriately and Field1 is a new record indicator. I can't find a way to export my query with the records in columns rather than rows. I did create a columnar report and tried to export it, but for some reason it adds a blank line every third row to the export. Can someone suggest vba code or a function that will help me?

Thanks,

Sup

Adrianna

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:19
What db are you importing into? I only ask because most databases have utilities to import from Excel, or CSV files. I don't know of any databases that require such specific formatting of a text file, as comma delimiters or other delimiters provide the same purpose and may be more easily interpretted. Or course there is a lot I do not know ;) , so you might be teaching me something.

supmktg

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:19
This file will be imported into an electronic claims system. The only information that I have is that it uses a "lexical" file format, and I have an example that shows the data in the columnar format.

Sup

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom