Trapping in code when a report is printed (1 Viewer)

StuBailey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:26
Hi,

I need a bit of help with this. Is there any way to trap when a report is printed. I need to ask the user if they wish to print a word document when they print a report and can't think how to do it. Any body got any ideas?

Cheers

Stu

R

Rich

Use either the OnPrint, OnOpen, OnClose, etc events of the report to display a MsgBox, based on the users response open the word document

StuBailey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:26
Thats not really going to help, the onPrint does not run for the report, only the sections of the report i.e. the detail. The onOpen and onClose events do run for the report, but it is not going to help me trap when the report is sent to the printer.

I could put some code in the detail onPrint event setting a modular level boolean set when a message box has been displayed. That would only run the message box once.

However I still need to determine if the report is being printed to the screen or sent to the printer. I was hoping there was a nice easy way to trap it rather han writing a fair sized bit of code.

Cheers though

J

Jim Strathearn

You probably just need to control where the user can print the report from and add the necessary code there. For example, put code behind the toolbar button which prints the report asking the user if they want to print the word doc.

R

Rich

If you want that level of complexity, how are you going to determine wether the report has actually printed, or is that not necc.?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom