Trouble displaying date with no year. (1 Viewer)

Lkwdmntr

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:15
Hello,
I am having trouble getting a date formatted correctly. I just want the mm/dd to show in parenthesis. ie: (3/9)

It was working when I created the text boxes, but when I went to display the forms it didn't work.

In the control source, I am using a temp variable "TmpStartDate" and then adding 7 to each text box for each week.

=([TempVars]![TmpStartDate]+7) and then in the properties "Format" im using mm/dd

Any help would be appreciated

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 11:15
Are you sure [TempVars]![TmpStartDate ] has a value?
I have just tried Date in a test form of mine with that format and it works fine?

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
but when I went to display the forms it didn't work.
what does didn't work mean? you get an error? Wrong format/result? something else?

I just want the mm/dd to show in parenthesis. ie: (3/9)
so why are you using mm/dd? You need to use (mm/dd)

Lkwdmntr

Registered User.
Local time
I am positive. I am using the Start Date on the form I'm working with and it shows up in that field.

Lkwdmntr

Registered User.
Local time
I'm getting an #Type! in the text box instead of the date. I tried the (mm/dd) and took of the parenthesis in the control source and it is ignoring the format. It's putting it with the year.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:15
When you see #Type in anything, there is a disconnect between the object that was presented and way in which it was used. If you are trying to output something in a manually formatted date, that something MUST be in Date/Time format. Therefore, your error says you have presented something the wrong way, something that isn't a date as input.

Lkwdmntr

Registered User.
Local time
I figured it out.

=Format(DateAdd("d",7,[TempVars]![TmpStartDate]),"(mm/dd)")

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
you just need to put it in the property for the control - Perhaps that does not matter but using the format function converts it to text.

Lkwdmntr

Registered User.
Local time
you just need to put it in the property for the control - Perhaps that does not matter but using the format function converts it to text.
I thought so too, but it still put the year on. This solution is working well. Thanks for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom