Trouble with Ease of Access settings (1 Viewer)

PhilC

Local time
Today, 02:43
Hello Guys

I have a cataract which means I have had to use ease of access to set the screen to a more preferred option so I can see everything. I now have a black background with white text. Perfect! BUT when I enter the VB screen in Access some of the code text is coloured a very dark purple which is impossible for me to see. However most of the code is in clear white. How on earth do I set the VB screen so it's all white?

I am using Access 2016 with Windows 10 os.

Thanks in anticipation

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
in the vba screen, go to Tools>Options and select the Editor Format tab where you can change font colors, background and font size for the different types. You can also change the font to say arial black or arial rounded bold for a stronger foreground

cheekybuddha

AWF VIP
Local time
Hi,

1. In your VBA editor, go to Tools->Options.

2. In the dialog that appears select the 'Editor Format' tab.

3. In the list 'Code Colors', find the appropriate section and adjust the 'Foreground:' colour in the dropdown.

The sections most applicable will be:
Comment Text
Identifier Text
Keyword Text

You can play with the other sections in the list, but their defaults should probably be OK already.

hth,

d

EDIT: ninja'd! 🥷

PhilC

Local time
Thanks David and CJ. How on earth have I missed that???? Probably cos I have never had need to previously.

Many many thanks to you both.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
whilst you are at it , click on the editor table and ensure 'Require Variable Declaration' is selected. This will put Option Explicit at the top of every new module (you'll need to add it to existing modules) . This will ensure that undeclared variables will be highlighted when you compile your code. Will save a lot of hassle with misspellings which will otherwise generate errors at run time

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom