Trying to add a pie chart (1 Viewer)

nick1408

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:17
I hate being new to Access!

Anyway, I have downloaded the Task Management template from within Access as it is very close to what I want but I do need to alter it a bit. Anyway, I managed to add some tabs to the Task Detail form and that's where I got stuck.

I am after a few things:

1. A pic chart on the Task Details showing the % Completed from Tasks. I have added a pie chart to the form I am after but it isn't correct. Here is a video of what I did - youtube.com/watch?v=rnt-wwPLdW4 but I want it to look like this - blog.kurtosys.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Flat-pie-chart.jpg and I don't know what I am doing wrong (besides using crap video capture software). This is the main thing I am trying to work out right now
  2. Can I colour code cells (sorry - I can't remember what they are called in Access) so if the task is behind schedule (% Completed less than Elapsed Time) - preferably in the % Completed cell on the Task List form
  3. On Task Details on the Project Run Sheet tab I plan on having 25 steps to complete the task. Ideally, I would like to have these show one at a time and require validation before continuing. I was thinking a list with checkboxes would be suitable but since I am asking the hard questions I may as well through this in as well. Really here, a list of checkboxes that are all linked would suffice but I need to work out how to add a vertical scrollbar on two tabs (will need one again in a sec).
  4. On the Overview tab will be my milestones. These are linked to the Project Run Sheet tab. How can I link say Task 5 to Milestone 1 for example and have it automatically update?
  5. Once all of this is done I plan on showing both the current milestone and next task due on the Tasks form (in the last two columns). As I haven't looked at this yet how do I go about linking them to the right columns?

I'm pretty sure that would be ideal for me. I've attached the database in case anyone wants a look - dropbox.com/s/rtcbq3uljggnl54/Task%20Db.accdb?dl=0 Keep in mind this was originally a MS template so I think a lot of the commandments that are stickied are broken. I don't think I need to rewrite the whole template but just add and adjust what is useful to me.

Thanks for the help!

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 16:17
Charts isn't always easy to get working, and a pie chart can be difficult therefore I always start with a column chart it is easier to handle.
I've made some description in the attached document.
Database is also attached.

Attachments

• Task Db.zip
    184 KB · Views: 94
  • HowToCreateAPieGraph.zip
    210.7 KB · Views: 89

nick1408

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:17
Charts isn't always easy to get working, and a pie chart can be difficult therefore I always start with a column chart it is easier to handle.
I've made some description in the attached document.
Database is also attached.

Perfect! Thanks heaps

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 16:17
You're welcome, good luck. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom