Trying to fix the database that I pickedup as my responsibilities... (1 Viewer)

jaesun0802

Local time
Today, 05:58
Hello masters, I am having a trouble trying to locate each raw data files that is linked to the MS Access. I clicked right button to the table --> click Table Properties(I attached the screenshot). I says that this table is the short cut to Table in a local file, but I can't find the location. I also tried Linked Table Manger to find the source file, but I am having a difficult time since there are so many data source linked to this database. Are there other ways to look at the source location?

Also, I have a question regarding different arrows next to the icons. What does diagonal right arrow and horizontal right arrow each means? Thank you in advance for helping me out!!
1620769868520.png

1620769666474.png

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:58
In the Database Tools ribbon, there is a "Documenter" that can be used to look at things in a pre-defined report, and it can be made to be selective i.e. look at Tables only. Try there and see what it gives you. Limit yourself in what you ask to see until you understand this utility better because if you selected EVERYTHING then you would probably print a BUNCH of paper telling you things that you weren't ready to learn yet.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 02:58
You can go to vba project (Alt+F11), and then menu View > Immediate window (if you don't already see Immediate Window showing near bottom of screen), and then run this code:

Code:
?CurrentDb.TableDefs("NameOfTable").Connect
(then press ENTER)

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:58
Hovering your cursor over a linked table should show you a dialog with the path to that table.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. Welcome to AWF!

The horizontal arrow means it's a linked table. The diagonal arrow means it's a shortcut, but I can't remember how to create them.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 09:58
The shortcuts in the navigation pane are because objects have been placed in custom groups and you are viewing by those custom groups.
In Navigation Options, change to view by Object Type. Everything will return to normal! 😎

Last edited:

bastanu

AWF VIP
Local time
You could also turn on viewing the system objects (File\Options\Current Database\Navigation) then open the msysObjects table and look at first two fields (Connect and Database) for the source of your linked tables.
Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom