Turn of warnings on DB startup - Is this possible? (1 Viewer)

Keith Nichols

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:09
Thanks for the kind words

Rich said:
Don't take any notice of it,

I tis probably best if I leave it at that.

Keith

Oldsoftboss

AWF VIP
Local time
Tomorrow, 05:09
Further to the theme of this thread, as the link above didn't work for me, has anyone been been able to put into practice the setting of the macro warning to low?

I feel the macro runs when access opens, before the db loads, thus making it difficult to build cade into the db application.

I would like the ability that when my apps are distibuted, that they just run like a normal program, and not pop up these warnings that give the end user a nervious twitch and a false sense that the program is dodgy.

Keith Nichols

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Oldsoftboss

Oldsoftboss said:
has anyone been been able to put into practice the setting of the macro warning to low?.

I have circulated an email to all users to set the macro warning to low. No reported problems back so far. I was certainly able to do it on a couple of PCs myself. I am working in an office setting where all users are in my department so it is fairly easy to control these things.

Oldsoftboss said:
I would like the ability that when my apps are distributed, that they just run like a normal program, and not pop up these warnings that give the end user a nervous twitch and a false sense that the program is dodgy.

That was my desired outcome also but now that I can ask users to set the warnings to low, it is not so important any more.

I can imagine that there is a pretty ropey solution by having a send keys, or something similar, navigate the menus and set the settings once the DB is opened. The users would still get the warning first time out but not thereafter. A bit beyond my capabilities at present.

Regards,

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:09
Oldsoftboss said:
Further to the theme of this thread, as the link above didn't work for me, has anyone been been able to put into practice the setting of the macro warning to low?

I feel the macro runs when access opens, before the db loads, thus making it difficult to build cade into the db application.

I would like the ability that when my apps are distibuted, that they just run like a normal program, and not pop up these warnings that give the end user a nervious twitch and a false sense that the program is dodgy.
Check this old thread out on how I alter a users registry to disable the Access 2003 Macro Warnings and SandBox mode... http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=93690

gvcooper

Local time
Tomorrow, 05:09
Keith,

Did you solve your problem? I have the same issue. The Access Project front ends are used by multiple users across the network in a number of remote locations. I can't dictate which Access version or service pack they have installed. Some are only using Access run time.

So I want some code in the front end to turn off the 3 cascading warnings about "Unsafe expressions" being present in the app. It needs to be in the application itself not a function or option of the users Access installation. Remember some only use the run time executable.

Maybe you have the solution for me?

Thanks.

George.

Keith Nichols

Registered User.
Local time
gvcooper said:
Keith,

Did you solve your problem?

Maybe you have the solution for me?

Thanks.

George.

George,

Yes & No. Sorry. :)

I am in a controlled office environment so I am able instruct all users to set the macro warning to low.

The link GHudson gave to an older thread details how to code the warnings override. I haven't looked into this as it is more than I need.

I don't know how or if Ghudson's code will work with run times etc but I can't see why not. He reads most posting so I'm sure he will comment if it won't work. Post a question on that thread if you need help.

You wil probably need to test for A2003 as it is the only version affected - you don't want to change registry settings unnceccesarily. I have some code for that if you need it.

Hope you get things worked out.

PercyPercy

Local time
Today, 14:09
Guilty as Well

I've been following this thread closely -- at first out of interest in the topic. However, as the thread progressed, I was amazed at the changing tone of the responses.

It has been suggested that novices should perform extensive searches prior to posting a question here. I agree with this suggestion, and do pursue such searches to resolve issues. However, as someone who is new to Access, I often do not possess the expertise to know the proper terms and keywords to use for such searches.

It would be my hope the Access experts who are gathered here would demonstrate a bit of patience with those of us who are new to this field. We often do not know how to describe the problem we are trying to solve, and more often than not, we do not understand the suggestions you give us. Even when I do not understand you, I often pick up the very phrases and keywords I need to do further research.

I apologize if I have responded to anyone or asked anything that has wasted anyone's time or caused any frustration. To those of you who have attempted to assist me in the past, I thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom