Two Headers on same report page - Possible? (1 Viewer)

Punice

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:35
Google didn't have anything on this. So, I'm here asking the forum this
question: Can an Access 2007 db report have two headers on the same page?

My customer has asked me to create a single page report with
two separate headers: one with 6 columns of trucking trip travel data &
one with the trips fuel purchase information.

A 'stream-driven' method that I thought of was to produce the two reports, individually, and export them to a word file.

Thank you, in advance, for even reading this post.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:35
Hmm, not sure I understand the question but have you tried using subreports, maybe?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Typically data does not go into a header. A header includes the name of the report, the date, maybe the page number. The detail section of a report includes the data.

As has already been suggested, you might want to use two subreports in the detail section. Or details for one of the types of data and a subreport for the other. I can't really tell from your description but it sounds like both of the sets of data could contain multiple rows and the rows are not related to each other. Maybe the main report should be bound to the truck table and contain the static data about the truck. Then the two subreports would appear on top of each other in the detail section. Side-by-side might work but it depends on how different they are from each other in length.

Punice

Registered User.
Local time
I guess that I wasn't clear. I understand what you said about 'headings'. What I need is, let's say for the column headings that are created be a the top of one report and, below it, another set of column headings for the bottom report. Then, the actual report's data fields will appear under the them in the normal manner.

Meanwhile, I'll investigate what sub-reports are, etc. Thanks Troops

PS: I just saw a post that suggested that one could create a conventional report for the first report and create the second report in the footer.

Don't know if that will work, but it's worth a try.

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Reports and forms are based on recordsets. A recordset has columns. EVERY row is formatted IDENTICALLY. Column 1 is Rirstname, column 2 is DOB, column 3 is xxx, etc. You can't switch part way through so that Column 1 is now StartDate, column 2, is PartName, etc.

A relational database is VERY different from a spreadsheet. A spreadsheet has the ability to support individual definitions for every "cell" which is the intersection of a row and a column.

Punice

Registered User.
Local time
FYI Pat, I created a report where the 'Date' column was in the middle of the report and was able, in design view, to highlight it an move it to the left hand side of the report using the left arrow key on my keyboard. Is that what you said that I could achieve? Maybe I am not understanding all that you stated. Thanks

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 17:35
Punice, words aren't working. Perhaps you can make a mock-up of what you hope the report looks like. Either in Word, Excel or even Paint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom