#Type! and #error when windowed (1 Viewer)

Arcanant

Local time
Today, 03:35
I have a rather big report with a subreport. I copied the AccessTotalsSum of both the report and subreport to the header of the report(not page) for quick overview and made an extra very simple calculated field based on these two.
Here is the weird thing. When it is full-screen everything shows as it should. When I reduce the size of the window (and the fields I copied from, leave the rendered area of the screen) I am getting this error on the calculated field, #Type!

I am also getting an #error on the field that is based on the AccessTotalSum of the subreport (but again when in full-screen it shows fine)

I was thinking if there is a way to force rendering of all fields on open as an event in VBA.
Any thoughts are very much appreciated.

PS. I thought of adding the calculation as a query but the thing is that the report is based on a union query and the subreport also is based on another union query. I would need to probably add an SQL SUM syntax to each union query and then make a new one to make the calculation but I am not sure how to type the SQL code for that.

PS2. I would like to note that when printed or in review the values show correctly with no errors.

Last edited:

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:35
I noticed that your post has yet to receive a reply. I also noticed that you have asked several questions, this is usually a mistake! People are more likely to answer a well presented single question where they can dive in providing a quick off the cuff answer.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 19:35
OK, this is a simple question: When you take that set of values you put into the header and instead put them into the footer, do they display correctly regardless of the screen sizing? Or do you get the #Type# and #Error# notifications in that case, too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom