Type mismatch on combobox (1 Viewer)

AndyCompanyZ

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:58
Still more VBA solving for me to do. I can't work out why I am getting a type mismatch on this piece of code:

Code:
Private Sub EventStatus_Change()
If (Me.EventStatus.Value = 3) And (Me.ScheduledNumber > 0) Then
MsgBox "There are already delegates scheduled on this event. Please inform the delegates and reschedule", VbMsgBoxStyle = vbOKOnly
End If
End Sub

The combobox has 3 options which are
On Hold [1], Confirmed [2] , Cancelled [3]
The bound column is 1 which is the number but I'm wondering if that is where the problem is or is it that the control source is EventStatus which is a table field. I have tried changing the combobox name but same thing happens I'm wondering if the control source should be the combobox or not.

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 01:58
1. Wrong event. Use AfterUpdate. OnChange fires for each typed character
2. Name the combo cboEventStatus -sometimes there ARE problems, if the control source has the same name
3. Use Me.cboEventStatus - that is the default version of Me.cboEventStatus.Value

Update:

And as per our previous discussion: dont'assume - always check WHAT is being fed into the expression that gives you trouble

Last edited:

AndyCompanyZ

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks again Spike. I tried those but it still came up with mismatch but then I removed the MsgBoxStyle from the end and it worked, any idea what was wrong with that.

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 01:58
Yeah.

MsgBox "There are already delegates scheduled on this event. Please inform the delegates and reschedule", vbOKOnly
should do it.

Pay attention to what pops up while you type eg MsgBox - the Intellisense should guide you

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 16:58
As spike says, look at the Intellisense to see what needs to be put there. It is normally just like this:

MsgBox "Some Message", vbOkOnly, "Caption Here"

Or

If MsgBox("Do you want to...", vbYesNo + vbQuestion, "Caption Here") = vbYes Then
...etc.

AndyCompanyZ

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks I need now to get it to open a form on the ok button of the msgbox but that's for another day lol

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 16:58
And additionally, if you want to specify the argument like vbMessageBoxStyle then you can use what you did PROVIDED you do it like this:

vbMessageBoxStyle:= vbOkOnly

it needs the colon and equals sign: :=

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom