Unable to change Record Source in Sub Form (1 Viewer)

patkeaveney

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:55
Hi

I want to add extra fields to my subfrom (which is a continuous form).
I have clicked on record source property in the subform, amended the query to include the new tables and fields, and saved the changes when closing the design window.
but the record source has not changed on the properties sheet.

When I go back in to check the query, the changes I have made have not been saved.

The main form and subform are linked using the master / child fields

Any help please

patkeaveney

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:55
Thanks pbaldy

That was the problem.

What a waste of 2 hours

Pat

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:55
No problem. Drove me absolutely crazy until I found out about that bug myself.

ed_the_unlucky

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:55
interestingly, that seems related to an issue i experienced last night, and i was wondering if perhaps it was merely fatigue that made me see things last night.

i'm working in access 2000 and at various points, i made some substantial changes to my form. i selected save as, gave it a related but distinct name, hit save...and the new version simply didn't exist.

now granted, it was kinda late (like midnight-ish), but i'm fairly certain i really did witness this behavior. it recurred several times with one form.

in frustration, i wound up simply importing everything into a new .mdb, and the problem hasn't recurred since.

but has anyone experienced anything like that? i lost around 2 hours of work last night and it's made me a bit cross, i'll confess.

ed

editolis

Panathinaikos Fun
Local time
Today, 04:55
And what we do with this problem?

Microsoft fix this SERIOUS bug or not?

What is the solution? Creating always new qry's?

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The workaround until they fix it, as noted in the link I posted, is to move to another property before moving on.

editolis

Panathinaikos Fun
Local time
I am sure Paul that you are right 100% but my english are not so good.

What mean "property" in access. I have the greek version of access. When i translate the "property" show me house - apartment or something similar like this.

I Think i need BOB LARSON to make a figure about your solution.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Does this help?

Attachments

• properties.JPG
    properties.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 210

editolis

Panathinaikos Fun
Local time
Thank you for your JPG Paul.

Now I know what is "property" in Access .

To tell you the truth still I do not understand the solution but this is my problem now.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
The expected process would be that you would start by clicking on the ellipsis (...) to the right of the record source to edit the query. When you are done editing, focus will be back on that first line that says "Record Source". What is the solution is suggesting is that as soon as you are brought back to that point, either hit "Enter" to move focus down to the next property, or click on one of the other properties. Doing either should avoid the problem of your query changes not being saved.

editolis

Panathinaikos Fun
Local time
Dear Paul,

The think is that when I am doing what you suggest me to do, is that when I have edit the qry and I want to go again at the recordsert there is no recordset.

My edit qry disappear. The recordset is empty.
The only think access allowed me to do is to put a qry or a table as a recordset.

But not to edit them because if I edit them then they disappear from the recordset.

So I have to make new specific qry’s all the time and to have them as a straight recordset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom