Unbound form with a bound subform (1 Viewer)

Colin@Toyota

What's an Access?
Local time
Yesterday, 23:47
Is this possible?

I have a data entry form that I can't quite get to work. I have an unbound form with 5 fields on it... Part Number, Part Desc come from one table, Category comes from another (many parts - one category), and Source, Default Exchange Rate come from the last table (many parts - one source/default ex rate). Because of the way the tables are related, Access prevents me from using a query for data entry.

In the subform, there are about 12 fields all in one pricing table.

What I would *like* to have happen is the user enters a new part number, description, selects a category, selects a source, and the related exchange rate is displayed (this default exchange rate is needed to pass on to the pricing table in the event it isn't changed).

Then, for the record that was just created, the subform would go to a new record (for the just-entered Part Number) and the useer could go on to enter all the necessary pricing data.

I don't know why I am having such a hard time with this!

ezfriend

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:47
I created something very similar to that. My project has to do with a project and time entries for each time a person work on the project.

The main form contains bounded controls. The subform; however, is a display screen only. I then create an ADD button next to the subform where user can click on and open to another screen where they can enter time detial (start date/time, description, etc...)

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:47
colin

you need some field in the main table to be referenced in the query driving the subform

then when you change whatever field, just do a subform.requery in the after update event

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom