Unrecognized Database Format - Message (1 Viewer)

CyberBoy

Local time
Today, 11:45
Hallo everbody,

I'm looking for solution since 2 weeks. Thanks for your help.

Problem description:

I have application in adp format (Access Database Project). First 20 users can open application and connect do SQL Server 2000 database without any problems. 21 user receive MS Access message "Unrecognized Database Format" and file cannot be opened.

SQL_Hell

SQL Server DBA
Local time
Hi there

I have questions:

has everyuser got the same version of access? MDAC?
How are the users opening the adp is their a copy on each users machine?
what type of authentication do you have?
what user account/accounts are being used?

FoFa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:45
Almost sounds like you are running out of SQL connections. But I forget how to check that. It is a server setting. Happened to us once when we installed some software, and their licensing scheme worked by resetting the number of connections to the number of licenses you bought. Our production server was down for 8 hours until we figured that out. We bought 5 licenses, tough when you have hundreds of connections daily.

CyberBoy

Local time
Testing environment:

Step 1: Server 2003 Std SP1 ver 5.2 (3790)
Step 2: On server MS SQL Server 2000 (8.00.2039 (SP4))
Step 3: On MS SQL Server create database TestDB
Step 4: Prepare one PC with Windows XP,
Step 5: On PC install MS Office 2003 PL (MS Office Access 2003 (11.6566.6568) SP2)
Step 6: On PC run MS Access, create new file application.adp with database TestDB,
Step 7: Using MS Access prepare application.ade,
Step 8: On PC run 21 MS Access (21 precesses of program),
Step 9: Open in each MS Access application.ade from step 7,
Step 10: In 21st MS Access you will see error.

CyberBoy

Local time
I eliminated problems with licensing, MDAC, connections etc. Some informatio I found at: http://www.codekabinett.com/page.php?Theme=14&Lang=2

"Unfortunately this workaround only does the trick with up to 20 concurrent users of the ADP-File. The 21st user opening the ADP will receive the message "The file is not in the correct format for a Microsoft Access project." and it is not possible to open any further instances of the ADP-App."

It's very important to open 21 times the same file. When I copy this file I can open 40 sessions (20 per one file).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom