Unrecognized Database Format (1 Viewer)

Suzybee50

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:31
Thank you so much everyone , for all the advice, I've got further today than it have done. I followed all the steps, I can't get to this file, any clues?

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 23:31
First try searching for the file ACWZUSR12. Maybe you'll get lucky. Probably isn't indexed so maybe not. In that case this path

\USER\APPDATA\ROADMING\MICROSOFT\ACCESS\ACWZ USR.12.ACCDU

is a bit misleading. After the User folder you need to insert your username so try

Go to Computer
Double click the C: Drive
Double click on Users
Double click on your user name
Double click on AppData (If you don't see AppData then repeat the procedure to view hidden files)
Double click on Roaming
Double click on Microsoft
Double click on Access
You should now see the ACWZUSR12 which you can rename. (See attached screen shot)
When you run Access again a new one will appear.

If this doesn't work let me know where it failed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot.png
    Screen Shot.png
    63.1 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

Suzybee50

Registered User.
Local time
Hi, thank you so so much Sneuberg, that worked. I can't believe I didn't find this site sooner. It has taken me 2 weeks of googling etc:eek:. Thank you again to everybody else who has helped. Sorry I've been such a pain. I shall have a proper look around all the threads now I'm less stressed and can get on with my course:):):cool:

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
Glad it worked. You might want to go back to Folder Options and undo what you did. The main drawback to seeing hidden files is that you see a lot of unused drives. My system displays I through M whether or not I have something like a thumb drive plugged in.

Last edited:

Suzybee50

Registered User.
Local time
Should I delete the old ACWZURS12.ACCDU folder? I have backed it up aswell. Do you mean hide all the folders again?

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
Should I delete the old ACWZURS12.ACCDU folder? I have backed it up aswell. Do you mean hide all the folders again?

That ACWZURS12.ACCDU file is actually a database. You could try to open the old one and do a compact and repair, but I doubt if it had anything important in it.. I'd just delete it.

Yes I meant in the Folder Options, View tab, under Hidden file and folders choose "Don't show hidden files, folder or drives". If you don't put it back that way you will see a lot of unused drives.

PlayMisty

Previously Rainlover
Local time
Today, 16:31
Suzy

I would suggest that you do some more testing. From what I see it does not work.

"Don't show hidden files, folder or drives".
I always show hidden files etc. Just because they are hidden does not mean they are not used.

The attached is some very important reading for you. Please read carefully.
http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=225837

If you are linking two fields of similar data type such as TEXT then the size of the field should be equal. Use 255 with 255, 50 with 50 etc but never 50 with 5.

This is where I believe your database should fail.

Best wishes for the project.

Rainlover AKA Rain

Suzybee50

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you. It was a very good article, I will have to do it later. Do you mean hidding the folder doesn't work?

PlayMisty

Previously Rainlover
Local time
Hiding things can confuse you so why do it.

What should be Hidden is the system files. SYS.

If you hide them in this database then they will be hidden in all databases on your machine. Same goes with databases you get from other sources. Test it out on the Northwind database.

Change one and they all change. BTW these tables are READ ONLY. You can't do anything with them.

I am a little rusty so I hope I am not leading you up the garden path.

PlayMisty

Previously Rainlover
Local time
Code:
If you are linking two fields of similar data type such as TEXT then the size of the field should be equal. Use 255 with 255, 50 with 50 etc but never 50 with 5.

This is where I think you are wrong.

Can you send the latest version of what you have. Only this time make sure the Relationships are set up.

Suzybee50

Registered User.
Local time
Hi PlayMisty, sorry I have been busy. What do you want me to send? The table I sent before?

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
https://support.office.com/en-nz/article/Set-the-field-size-ba65e5a7-2e6f-4737-8e72-36b93f966a33

says in part, "You can also change the field size of a field that stores text data, although this action has a smaller effect on the amount of space that is used." So I think it's better just to leave them at the default size of 255. If you need to you can limit the users input with masks on the forms.

If you change all you fields to 255 you will avoid any problems in relationships that Play Misty seems to be concerned about.

PlayMisty

Previously Rainlover
Local time
Hi PlayMisty, sorry I have been busy. What do you want me to send? The table I sent before?

I suggested that you uniform the size of the data fields. At least the ones that are related to each other.

Have you tested this both before and after the change.

Once you have done this then please send a copy

PlayMisty

Previously Rainlover
Local time
https://support.office.com/en-nz/article/Set-the-field-size-ba65e5a7-2e6f-4737-8e72-36b93f966a33

says in part, "You can also change the field size of a field that stores text data, although this action has a smaller effect on the amount of space that is used." So I think it's better just to leave them at the default size of 255. If you need to you can limit the users input with masks on the forms.

If you change all you fields to 255 you will avoid any problems in relationships that Play Misty seems to be concerned about.

I think that this is the best solution.

If it does not work we will need to try something else.

What has happened to the other advisors. This is not necessarily solved as yet.

Last edited:

enriquegill012

Local time
I don't have your problem with your database on my system, but that doesn't surprize me as it's complaining about the ACWZUSR12.ACCDU database.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom